Thursday, September 11, 2014

Can I Hear Big Wahoo??!!!

Yesterday was doctor day.  Rod and I both had an appointment.  We see different doctors in the same practice.  Unlike most visits, I was called back first.  We had a bet as to who would be done first.  So, I was pretty hopeful that  I would win the bet.  Turns out I have an ear infection, which explains why I am having trouble hearing out of that ear.  Since I didn't get a flu shot last year, I figured that I should get one this year.  And I guess that's what caused me to lose the bet.  When Jake and I emerged from the exam room, Rod was already at the check-desk.

Rod was doing a little dance while teasing that he won.  But the good news is that his lungs are clear, and he's released to go back to work on Monday without no further oxygen therapy.  Rod is a pretty active guy, and he's just not accustomed to sitting around. He was driving me buggy being here with little to do.  And he's very glad to be returning to work.  His boss told him yesterday that they had brought in 3 guys to carry his load.  I guess that's job security.

But here's the best news - my hubby has been 10 days without a cigarette!!!  He has smoked since he was 14, usually a pack a day.  But he says that he has no desire to start again.  I am sooo very proud of him, as are all the kids.  When Kristin told Jake that Pappy didn't have to be on oxygen anymore, Jake replied, "Oh Good!  Now he can get that shed painted."  Jake figures that there's no rest for the weary . . .  or the sick!

No comments: